Tips For Selling
"Get Ready To Move--Start Packing"
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn't been used for three months, put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, pictures, etc. (A sparse kitchen helps the buyer mentally move their own things into your kitchen.)
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from the countertops, tubs, shower stalls and commode tops. Keep only your most needed cosmetics, brushes, perfumes, etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels to one or two colors only.
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture if necessary. As owners, many times, we have too much furniture in a room. This is wonderful for our own personal enjoyment, but when it comes to selling, we need to thin our as much as possible to make rooms appear larger.
- Take down, or rearrange certain pictures or objects o walls. Patch and paint if necessary.
- Review the house inside room by room, and:
- Paint any room needing paint.
- Clean carpets or drapes that need it.
- Clean windows.
- Make sure the closets and garage are not "too full". Rent a storage unit if necessary.
- Leave on certain lights during the day. During "showings" turn on all lights and lamps.
- Have stereo FM on during the day for all viewings.
- Key Box--#1 Importance: "IF WE DON'T HAVE IT, THEY WON'T SHOW US!"
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., into the garage.
- Check gutters and/or roof for dry rot. Make sure they are swept and cleaned.
- Look at all plants...prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows. "YOU CAN'T SELL A HOUSE IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT". Plants are like children--they grow fast!!
- Weed and then bark all planting areas. Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized. Remove any dead plants or shrubs.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc. (Put them in garage.)
- Check paint condition of the house--especially on the front door and trim. "CURB APPEAL REALLY WORKS!"
Try to look at your house "THROUGH THE BUYER'S EYES" as though you've never seen it or been there before. Any time or money spent on these items will bring you back more money in return, and hopefully a faster sale. "WE ARE MAKING YOU MONEY"
A Message from Dick Crook of Premier Marketing Services
WHEN I LIST YOUR HOME, WE WILL GO THROUGH THE HOUSE TOGETHER. Meanwhile, follow these house selling tips. In doing this, we will be ahead of most of the sellers (our competition) already on the market in the way your home shows...
"WORKING TOGETHER, we make a Great Team!"